Thursday, 4 February 2016

Welcome to the Unknown - Be Brave!

Good Evening Girls, Boys and Parents of room 7&8


We have hopefully all survived the first half of week 1 of the new school year. One of my own children has just started high school this year, so I understand what it’s like to be starting new routines and getting some order back into our lives.


Steve and I have both commented to each other about how settled and engaged room 7&8 students have been (I’m touching our wooden table at the moment). So without this going to anyone’s head, well done students and their parents for allowing us all to arrive at this position.


I’m really excited about students receiving Chromebooks soon, and using them! On the first day I displayed a sign on the classroom door which hopefully some students noticed as they entered. It said “Welcome to the Unknown - Be Brave.” When students come to school to learn new things, things they don’t know, there is no need to fear not knowing because that is why they come to school, to learn new things . This message is as much for me, and for the parents of room 7&8 students, as it is for them. I love technology and enjoy learning about it, but even so, sometimes find new technologies and processes challenging and confronting. So be brave. There may be times when some of you (students and parents) don’t understand these new tools and processes we are using, but please remember that we are travelling this road together. I’m looking forward to meeting you on the Chromebook Information Night to start the journey.


Graeme

No comments:

Post a Comment